||Antonio Maria Traversi|
|On the copyright in this web site|
Such an effort was amply rewarded by the numerous contacts and appreciation had, certainly favored by the high visibility of the virtual museum. As plagiarism of texts, images, drawings and of whole pages with no quotation unfortunately occurred, these unpleasant facts and ethically reprehensible forced me to clearly write here a concept that should be obvious: the free transmission of the ideas is good, but to share something on the web does not mean to give up its intellectual property and its fully recognition by people. So, before using "copy&paste" on texts and / or on images, the navigator is kindly requested to keep in mind that this section of the website of the Marco Foscarini High School is covered by a modified form of copyright (the so-called copyleft). Here below are the rules, which are based on the simple principle to respect and to quote the work of other authors. These roules are few and very simple, but they must be respected.
Nonprofit text electronic documents and / or paper products in any format
- Whole or partial reproduction by any means of any page in this site and / or its parts (including images and schematic drawings) is admissible only if it is non-profit and if a quotation URL clearly visible (immediately below, in a footnote, in the bibliography, etc..) is always written for all objects used. Attention: to only report in the sitography the site's home page is not enough; the quotation on each object used must link the page that was used as source. In the case of photographs, it should also be mentioned the author (it is obtainable by placing the mouse pointer over the photo or drawing) and the Liceo Marco Foscarini. In the quote DO NOT enter any email address.
Nonprofit hypertextual works
- Notice: Even if with full quotation, you can not totally copy a page or copy a long section of a page (with or without images) in your website or in that of others (eg. school work). This would lead to duplications and, given the typical roules of the web, it does not make sense! In this case please use in your web site a link to pages that contain the parts of your interest;
- The use of material is permitted only if it is non-profit and always with the visible quotation and with the link to the source. In other words, the citations must always have a link to the page or pages of our web used as source;
- On all photographs taken from this section of the Marco Foscarini web site the author's name (it is obtainable by placing the mouse pointer over the photo or drawing) and the name of the school must always be highlighted.
Publication in scientific journals and / or products as part of research nonprofit projects
- For the reproduction in original and / or in more or less elaborate format of any photograph taken from a page of this website in scientific journals and / or in paper as part of a research projects the permission of the Traversi Museum Directorate is needed. Such permission, not extendable to third parties or subsequent works, is eventually released after receipt of an appropriate request (please refer to the research page in our website). The Directorate can send photographs in their original format or with higher resolution than that used on the website or even the creation of new pictures.
Any work for profit
- In this case the written permission of the Traversi Museum Directorate is needed; the Managment will decide the costs to be allocated to the beneficiaries. The permission, in addition to cover the use for profit of the images of instruments in the collection (as for example in school books), is strictly limited to the project and it not extensible to third parties or to subsequent projects without the consent of the Museum Management. The Directorate can send photographs in their original format or with higher resolution than that used on the website or even the creation of new pictures. In any case, the the property of the image and its free use remain in the hands of the picture's authors and of the Foscarini High.